Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's Final! Closing on August 7th

The appraisal came in at an amount I can live with, and the closing will be on Thursday, August 7th. So I'm finally going to get started. I contacted Joe Haaf at Rock Solid Concrete this morning to let him know I'm ready to go next week, and hopefully he'll be able to work me into his schedule pronto. Joe is doing the excavation, the masonry, and a lot of the work inside. He's kind of been "on hold" since May, when I thought we'd get started. But I had delays with the building permit (not being submitted in a timely manner), and then I didn't push getting the financing through as fast as I normally would have, since I knew it was going to take 6-8 weeks to get the permit. That was a critical error, as the bank suspended all construction to perm loans a few days before I was supposed to close, and I had to switch to yet another bank for the construction loan.

Now the pressure is on. There is a LOT of detail work that has to be decided (by me), things like exactly where the windows are going, where each electrical outlet will be, colors for the walls, the roof, what kind of wood for the floors and the color, etc. It's kind of overwhelming, but it will be worth it in the end.

I hope to have the actual date for the groundbreaking soon!

No comments: