Thursday, October 2, 2008

More Progress on the Walls

These first three pictures are from earlier in the week. The walls have gone up considerably since the first pour. You can begin to see the basement windows.


Joe (whom you can't see behind the hose) and Howard are waiting for the cement to come out.

Joe is starting to pour.




Joe and Howard are hard at work. I left early to head over to another job site where Jeffrey Swainhart, my Construction Management Consultant, was helping on another project. He wanted me to see the Inline Windows I'm getting, which were installed on his other project, and the homeowner was putting a living roof on his house as well. I really wanted to see the living roof being installed, as I'm going to be putting one on my house.
Hopefully, we'll be moving along a little more quickly with the pours. I'm anxious to get the walls up, the roof on, the doors and windows in, and the house closed up so the utilities can be installed and I can start working on the inside. We're making progress.









2 comments:

CoCargoRider said...

Barb,
It is looking great and I have to tell you that is great to have. Very polite and always concerned about how working late will affect us.
Devin

rebelmama said...

Hi Barb.
the site looks great! you've got some awesome pics. I have some more for you from when i was out there. a great one of you in from of your project. where can i email them to?

LouAnn B. Haaf
p.s. that "joe" the concrete guy is pretty cute (and i'm not just saying that because we're married) =)